11.29.2008

Sensitive little Jackson

Payton has this little Penguin stuffed animal that he carries with him almost everywhere. He had it with him today when we went to Moss Landing to look at the Sea Lions. We were on a deck that was totally fenced in and Payton kept trying to push his Penguin through the fencing. I think he was trying to free him so he could be "back in the wild". Jackson kept trying to stop Payton and was really getting upset about it. I took him to the side and got down on his level so we were eye to eye. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "Payton is trying to drop his Penguin." I asked him why that bothered him, and with tears in his eyes and his lip quivering he said, "If Payton drops his Penguin it will go in the water and I won't be able to go and get it for him and he will be sad."

All I could do was hug him tight and tell him what a good brother he is. It really impressed me to see how concerned he was about Payton's happiness. Jackson really is such a sweet boy. I'm so lucky.......

3 comments:

Dasha said...

Yes, you are lucky and he is such a sweet boy. Spencer would probably be the one to grab it from his little sister and throw it and laugh. Isn't that just awful?

Amanda said...

What a cutie.

Erin said...

That is so darn cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails