8.27.2008

My Little Men

Sometimes I just can't believe how cute they are. It's usually when Payton is screaming at me or when Jackson tells me I'm mean because I won't let him eat one of those massive cartons of Fishies all in one sitting that I forget how cute they are. Seriously though, these boys are little charmers.


Photobucket



In two days my baby Jackson turns 4! It's hard for me to believe. Has it really been four years? I feel so young. How is it possible that I have a 4 year old? He's going to have his first major birthday party!!! He's made so many friends here so I couldn't wait for the chance to have a party for him. I just hope I can handle all those 3 and 4 year olds running around. Just keeping my 4 year old under control is a huge task. It seems like lately I have to keep my eyes on him 24/7. It's like one minute he's there, the next minute he's in the bathroom trying to brush his teeth but in reality the only thing that he's succeeded at doing is get toothpaste all over him and all over the bathroom. He's also trying to get his own drinks so there's always a big puddle of water on the floor every time I walk into the kitchen. I even caught him trying to climb up onto the counter so he could attempt to get up on the fridge to get the Fishies. At that moment I was really grateful that he's afraid of heights really un-coordinated. Sometimes I get really frustrated, but then I have to remind myself to live in the moment more. Unless he's doing something dangerous I think maybe it's better to just laugh and enjoy how cute he is. Obviously he's not my baby anymore, and who knows how much longer he'll be doing all these cute things.



Photobucket



Payton is fond of saying "No." He is seriously a little teaser. He'll walk over to the TV and stand there looking at me pretending like he's going to turn the TV off. He just waits for a reaction from me. As soon as I say "Payton.........." he turns as fast as he can to touch a button. Then I'll say "Do you need a time out?" and he'll sit down real fast and shake his head and say "NO." Then I'll say, "You want some fishies?" "NO." (but then he comes and gets some anyway) "You want some milk?" "NO" (drinks it anyway) "Want some peanut butter?" "NO" (then cries until I give him a spoonful) It's really quite entertaining. This kid has a great sense of humor.


Photobucket



Photobucket


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails