9.27.2008

Successful Surgery

We spent 5 hours at the surgery center yesterday and the surgery went well. Nate will have to have his arm in a sling for 6 weeks. He's not even supposed to lift his arm at all. The hardest part for him will be that he won't be able to drive. He will be back in school on Monday, and obviously will be exempt from P.T. for a while, but he will be doing lots of physical therapy to make up for it. Now the hardest part is just getting him to take it easy and rest. I caught him this morning outside trying to clean out his car. I had to remind him that the only reason that cleaning the car wasn't hurting him was because of the nerve block and the pain killers. Otherwise being up like that would be very painful. I finally got him to come inside and watch some cartoons with Jackson. While he did that I took a little cat nap. I got 2 hours of sleep last night after spending 4 hours in the ER with Payton. It's been a long 24 hours.

4 comments:

Dasha said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you can get more rest. If you need me to take your boys, I'm available. Thanks for the tag, by the way! I didn't like the 10 yrs ago because it gives away too much :)

LollyGirl said...

glad the surgery went well. ER--what?!

FOOD is MORE than... said...

I'm glad the surgery went well- Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!

Carlson Family said...

glad to hear your hubby's surgery went well. What happened with the little guy? Is he ok?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails